The Yellow Tower of the Abbey of St. Mary

The Yellow Tower of the Abbey of St. Mary
Trim, Ireland

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Yes, I like Chicken Piccata...

...and getting caught in the rain.
Alyssa and I cooked up some delicious Chicken Piccata at the house last night. Alyssa brought over everything (she treated me to dinner) and I had a bunch of BS Chicken Breasts from Costco. It was incredible. Really savory with the tang and acidity of the lemons and capers. Enjoyed the hell out of it. We'll do it again as soon as I have enough counter space to do anything. My kitchen is the smallest little space ever. We made enough for Josh and Whitney to have some too so we got them to do dishes for us. I hate the idea of cooking, it always seems like too much work, but when Alyssa starts, I have to join in, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and feel that unless I'm doing it it won't be done right. So when she cooks for me it usually turns in to her helping me cook, despite her best efforts to keep me out of the kitchen.
Then Josh and I whooped some ass in Pictionary. It's nice playing a game that requires you to think like your partners with a person you've known for twenty years, while playing against two people who have met 5 times in the space of two months. Advantage, Matt! Alyssa also brought over some Casaba melon, a more delicious honey dew in my opinion, and some Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for dessert. I ate all of the CCCD by myself.

No comments: