The Yellow Tower of the Abbey of St. Mary

The Yellow Tower of the Abbey of St. Mary
Trim, Ireland

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hypocrisy On Day 1


So today I started a new goal that pretty much goes directly against my rant of yesterday. My girlfriend Alyssa and I started watching AFI's (American Film Institute, not the band) top 100 American movies of the last 100 years(her idea). Our plan was to start at number 100 and work our way down but neither one of us could stay awake for Ben Hur. That means number 99 Toy Story kicked us off with Ben Hur coming later, preferably after a caffeine binge. This may seem like I'm already going against the whole obsessed with the wrong stuff ideas from yesterday, but really I'm holding it to one a week or so, until we get to the good stuff anyway. By the way, Toy Story is an absolutely classic movie, brilliant dialogue, amazing graphics that were literally the first of its kind, they started a revolution in animation and pretty much put old school cartoonists out of the big bucks arena. And I was somewhat chagrined to realize that I still knew over 50% of the dialogue, I was saying most of the movie under my breath right along with the characters. Tonight is the Sharks game, hopefully their last game of the series with the Calgary Flames. Other than that just taking it easy on a lazy Sunday.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Pending hypocrisy. Love it.